The Rugby Football Union ("the RFU") and its authorised distributors sell and issue tickets for events at the stadium at Rugby Road, Twickenham ("the Stadium") only upon these Ticket Distribution Conditions and, by applying for a ticket, the prospective acquirer ("the purchaser") shall be deemed to have accepted the following Conditions:
1. A ticket may not be resold or transferred, save if more than one ticket is issued to a purchaser, such tickets may be used only by the purchaser and a person accompanying the purchaser to the Stadium and there shall be no resale or transfer of a ticket at above face value. Tickets cannot be advertised for transfer or sale. However, these Conditions are not contravened
• by provision of an additional ticket by a purchaser to such accompanying person free of charge, provided that such person accompanies the purchaser to the Stadium and does not transfer the ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, if the purchaser is a sponsor, such "accompanying person" must be a guest of such sponsor; or
• if the purchaser is an RFU-licensed hospitality provider, by the provision of a ticket by such operator as part of a package which includes the provision of corporate hospitality services.
2. A ticket entitles the holder, subject to compliance with these Conditions in all respects, to admission to the Stadium for the event, to occupy the seat in question and to no additional entitlements.
3. The RFU sells and issues tickets for events only through the RFU's authorised ticket sales outlets and its authorised distributors.
4. Any ticket acquired in breach of any of these Conditions shall be null and void ("unlawful ticket") and all rights conferred or evidenced by such unlawful ticket shall be extinguished. The RFU shall be entitled to refuse to admit the holder of an unlawful ticket to the Stadium for the event (and for one or more future events or for a fixed term) and may eject such holder from the Stadium even after admission. Any breach of these Conditions by the purchaser and/or any distributor which supplies the ticket to the purchaser shall constitute a breach by the distributor of the Ticket Application Conditions which the distributor has accepted.
5. A ticket may not be used as a prize or as part of any competition or promotional or other similar activity or as part of any hospitality or travel or other commercial package which has not been approved by the RFU in writing.
6. Where a ticket has been lost or stolen, the RFU should be notified immediately and shall, subject to ascertaining and verifying the circumstances in which the ticket holder was in possession of the ticket and of the loss or theft of the ticket, issue a duplicate ticket to the ticket holder. If the RFU issues a duplicate ticket, the original ticket will become automatically invalid.
7. The RFU will do all that it reasonably can to ensure the event takes place at the scheduled date and time. However, events cannot be guaranteed to take place on any such date or at any such time and tickets are sold subject to the RFU's right to alter the event programme and to reschedule its advertised events due to circumstances beyond its control. Should the event be cancelled, the RFU will refund the face value of the ticket to the distributor in question for onward transmission to the purchaser. Should the event be abandoned before or after commencement or kick-off and if it is possible to reschedule the event, a ticket holder will be entitled to attend the rescheduled event or (if a ticket holder elects) the RFU will refund the face value of the ticket to the distributor in question for onward transmission to the purchaser. The RFU is entitled to re-issue a ticket in respect of a rescheduled event. If the RFU re-issues a ticket for a rescheduled event, the original ticket will become automatically invalid. If a ticket is not re-issued in respect of a rescheduled event, the ticket shall be valid for the date on which the event is rescheduled.
8. Each purchaser must complete a ticket application form.
9. Save as set out below, tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and refunds will not be made on returned tickets unless the RFU is in breach of its obligations to the ticket holder whether under these Ticket Distribution Conditions or otherwise. For Grade A matches (RBS 6 Nations matches or matches against South Africa, New Zealand and Australia), the Ticket Office will accept tickets returned from Clubs, Constituent Bodies, Schools, Referee Societies and Sponsors (Applicants) and issue a refund (provided the tickets are returned strictly no later than the date reasonably specified by the RFU to enable the tickets to be reissued). The Ticket Office will accept tickets returned from individuals to whom an Applicant has issued the tickets and issue a refund (provided they are returned either before the match day or up to 60 minutes before kick-off and exclusively on behalf of the individual concerned and not on behalf of the Applicant or any other person, firm, company or rugby body). In respect of all returns, the refund will be issued to the Applicant to which the tickets were originally allocated. Please note that each ticket returned on a match day is subject to an administration charge of £5 and proof of identity of the person returning the ticket may be required. For non-Grade A matches, tickets are not returnable.
10. Every ticket remains the property of the RFU at all times.
These Ticket Distribution Conditions incorporate: (i) the Terms of Admission of Ticket Holders to the Stadium; and (ii) the RFU Ground Rules.
RFU TERMS OF ADMISSION
The presentation of a ticket in order to gain admission to the Stadium (including the outer concourses) at Rugby Road, Twickenham ("the Stadium") shall constitute acceptance by the ticket holder of the following terms upon which the Rugby Football Union ("the RFU") will admit the ticket holder:
• (a) TICKETS ARE SOLD OR OTHERWISE ISSUED BY THE RFU ONLY TO APPLICANTS WHO HAVE AGREED TO OBSERVE THE TICKET DISTRIBUTION CONDITIONS (AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FROM THE RFU TICKET OFFICE). IF ANY TICKET IS ACQUIRED IN BREACH OF SUCH TICKET DISTRIBUTION CONDITIONS, THE RFU MAY REFUSE TO ADMIT SUCH TICKET HOLDER TO THE STADIUM AND MAY EJECT SUCH TICKET HOLDER FROM THE STADIUM EVEN AFTER ADMISSION AND, IN ADDITION, THE DISTRIBUTOR TO WHOM THE TICKET IS ISSUED BY THE RFU MAY BE LIABLE FOR SANCTIONS IMPOSED BY THE RFU.
• (b) These terms of admission incorporate the RFU Ground Rules circulated with the Ticket Distribution Conditions and which are displayed on the RFU website and at all entrances to and inside the Stadium, car parks operated by the RFU and other property owned or controlled by the RFU in the vicinity of the Stadium (together "the Ground").
• (c) A ticket holder is entitled to re-enter the Stadium subject to these terms of admission.
• (d) A ticket holder must answer promptly and truthfully any question concerning the ticket from an agent of the RFU.
• (e) The RFU shall be entitled to refuse admission (including for one or more future events or for a fixed term) or re-admission to, or to eject from, the Stadium any person.
• (f) Where a ticket holder has been refused admission to, or ejected from, the Stadium for non-compliance with these terms of admission or any other reason, the RFU shall provide to the ticket holder the reason(s) for such refusal or ejection. In the event that a ticket holder has a complaint due to being refused admission, without affecting any other remedy available to the ticket holder, he may write to the RFU Chief Executive setting out the facts in detail. The RFU Chief Executive shall take no longer than two months to investigate the matter and shall report to the ticket holder the results of his findings.
• (g) The ticket remains the property of the RFU at all times.
• (h) Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis (Unless specifically permitted in accordance with the Ticket Application Conditions).
• (i) It is prohibited to sell or offer to sell tickets at a price in excess of face value. In addition, it is prohibited to advertise the sale of this ticket in any forum including on any online auction or other website. Any such action will result in the cancellation of the ticket.
TWICKENHAM STADIUM GROUND RULES
1. Any person who enters the stadium (including the outer concourses) at Rugby Road, Twickenham ("the Stadium"), all car parks operated by the Rugby Football Union ("the RFU") (whether or not owned by the RFU) ("car parks") or other property owned or controlled by the RFU in the vicinity of the Stadium (together with the Stadium and the car parks "the Ground") is admitted only on the basis of these Rules and by entering the Ground shall be deemed to have accepted these Rules.
2. Any person who enters the Ground is liable to be searched by a police officer or servant or agent of the RFU and the RFU reserves the right to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person who declines to be searched.
3. The RFU, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage, including of or to any vehicle or its contents in any car park or to any person who enters the Ground caused by the RFU or its servants or agents:
4. in circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by the RFU or any of its servants or agents; or
5. in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by the RFU, its servants or agents); or
6. to the extent that any increase in loss or damage results from breach by you of any of the terms of admission of these Rules.
7. All vehicles shall be parked within car parks in accordance with instructions communicated by the RFU, its servants or agents. The times during which the car parks are open will be set out on the relevant car park pass issued in relation to the event. Admission of vehicles cannot be guaranteed later than 90 minutes before the advertised commencement or kick-off time. The time of commencement of exit of vehicles from the car park is not guaranteed. The exit will vary depending on safety and security issues and on any directions from the police. Unless otherwise advised to the contrary, the car park will be open on the day following the event from 10 a.m. until 12 noon for the removal of vehicles. The erection of any awning, gazebo or similar construction is not permitted in any car park. In the event of adverse weather conditions parking arrangements may have to be changed.
8. Any person using a glass bottle, glass receptacle or can within any car park is responsible for its safe use and disposal.
9. The construction or use of any type of fire, naked flame barbecue or liquefied petroleum gas device, for cooking or heating, is prohibited within the Ground.
10. In the Stadium no unauthorised person is permitted on the playing or performance area (i.e. the pitch and its surrounding grassed area together with the emergency vehicle routes lying between the grassed area and the stands) and no person may remain in a gangway, entrance, exit or staircase at any time.
11. Admission to the Stadium is only by the entrance shown on the ticket and cannot be guaranteed if the ticket holder arrives at the Stadium less than 30 minutes before the advertised commencement or kick off time.
12. Only a person specifically authorised in writing by the RFU is permitted within the Ground to offer for sale or distribute without charge any item or article whatsoever which, for the avoidance of doubt, includes the sale or distribution of tickets. No charitable or other collection within the Ground shall be undertaken save with the specific authorisation of the RFU. Evidence of such authorisation must be displayed clearly (and in the form stipulated by the RFU) by those carrying out such authorised collections
13. Any person entering the Ground must comply with the lawful directions of any steward or other servant or agent of the RFU.
14. The RFU shall be entitled to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person whose behaviour or conduct could in the reasonable opinion of the RFU constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to spectators or other persons.
15. The RFU reserves the right to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person who in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its servants or agents, makes or incites any form of racial abuse, chanting, gesturing or behaviour.
16. Unnecessary noise or behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind, including without limitation foul, abusive or offensive language, is not permitted within the Ground.
17. In order to comply with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, admission to the Stadium will be denied to ticket holders carrying alcohol or any article, or part of an article, capable of causing injury to a person struck by it, being a bottle, can or other portable container which is for holding any drink, and is of a kind which, when empty, is normally discarded or returned to, or left to be recovered by, the supplier. Where admission is refused in such circumstances, no money will be refunded.
18. Glass bottles, glass receptacles, cans, pyrotechnics, flags on sticks or poles which stick or pole measures more than 1.5 metres in length, or any other item which, in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its servants or agents, could be used as a weapon or cause a nuisance to others, are not allowed within the Stadium. All promotional, commercial, political or religious items of whatever nature, including but not limited to banners, signs, symbols and leaflets are prohibited and may not be brought into the Stadium unless authorised by the RFU.
19. A junior aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/her parent or guardian or other adult who is responsible.
20. Juniors, aged between 6yrs and 15years, will on most occasions be seated in the lower tier, however dispensations will be given by the RFU for middle and upper tier seats to be made available for specific events.
21. A child 5 years and under and his/her accompanying parent or guardian or responsible adult, must be seated in the Lower tier and Enclosure seating areas as specified by the RFU.
22. All children over the age of 2 will require a valid event ticket.
23. Babes in arms may only be admitted with the specific authorisation of the RFU.
24. Pushchairs or prams will only be allowed into the seating bowl for particular events, at the discretion of the RFU.
25. Except for photography for bona fide private non-commercial uses, the possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited within the Stadium. This includes without limitation photography, filming, audio or other recording or transmission, or the compilation or transmission of data, save with the specific authorisation of the RFU, such authorisation is hereby given in respect of photography for bona fide private non-commercial uses unless and until the RFU notifies otherwise. Private single lens reflex (SLR) cameras will be allowed in the stadium providing they are not equipped with a lens of such a size that it may cause a nuisance to other spectators
26. No person is permitted to throw any object or projectile within the Ground.
27. Climbing onto or into stands, buildings, fences, structures or fittings within the Ground is prohibited.
28. Drinks purchased in the Ground must not be taken out of the Ground.
29. Animals or other livestock are not allowed into the Ground save with the specific authorisation of the RFU.
30. Smoking is permitted on the North, East and West ground level concourses only. Smoking is prohibited within the seating bowl and in the enclosed areas of the middle and upper tier concourses. Smoking is also not permitted on the South ground level concourse as this is an enclosed concourse and as such smoking is illegal.
31. The RFU reserves the right for the Stadium Director or Event Day Safety Officer as its agent and without prior notice to revoke or vary any of the Rules with immediate effect if this is considered necessary on public safety grounds. Any such revocation or variation of the Rules will be displayed as soon as practicable at all RFU offices, the Stadium and car parks and, if appropriate, other entrances.
32. The RFU shall be entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from the Stadium or the Ground, any person who does not comply with these Rules.